Sunday, January 2, 2011

2 Days, 2 Blog Entries

Let's see how long I can keep this going. My guess is the streak will end by Thursday.

*Back to school tomorrow. The break seemed like it went quick, but I guess you can't get greedy because there are a bunch of people out there who don't get time off between Christmas and New Year's.

*Had you gone against my Bowl Predictions, you could've made yourself some money. So far I'm 13-14-1 against the spread but only because I went 5-1 on New Year's Day (wimpy Michigan State). Beth is 9-18-1 but was beating me until she went on a 1-11 slump from Dec 29-31 and went 2-4 on New Year's Day (misguided Big Ten loyalty). My over-unders are ugly: 11-15 but again bailed out the last few days. Bottom line, gambling is not the way to go.

*The Pitt situation went from sad to bizarre. I thought they should've given Wannstedt one more year. But, this situation with the new coach being charged with assault of his baby's mother is odd. Pitt is really behind now on recruiting as more are decommitting each day. I'm surprised, but don't disagree, with Joe Paterno's insistence that Tom Bradley is the best candidate for the job at this point. I'd hate to see Bradley go (especially to Pitt), but he deserves a shot as a head coach and was the main recruiter in Western PA for Penn State.

*Over the break, I logged 43 miles in 6 days. It's fun getting back into it. My official marathon training starts the 10th and the 15th is already four months out from the Marathon. Oh, you may have heard me mention this before (ha ha), but I'm running to help raise money for the Alzheimer's Association. If you can spare a few bucks, you can donate online here.

We'll see if I can get entry #3 in tomorrow...

1 comment:

Steve said...

Gambling on College Football is definitely not the way to go. I used to do a pickem thing, and I would get like 12 games to pick, and rank on how confident I was on the victory. It was hard hard. It wasn't a betting thing, just for fun. Football on any given Saturday... anything can happen I guess.

Not having Wannstedt is a good thing. We hated him when he was in Chicago. I liked Pitt when they had a good "D" and Larry Fitzgerald was a Freshman receiver. He was remarkable then, still is.