Sunday, October 26, 2008

Spectathlete Finale

So, here we sit at 3:30 AM in Tempe getting ready for Beth's final race. First of all, it's not REALLY 3:30, it still feels more like 6:30 (especially since I was in bed by 10:00 pm local time), so that's helpful.

Beth just put on her seven temporary tattoos--the numbers and "Best of the US" tattoos added to today's number. Current temperature 64 degrees. It's going up to 94 today, but Beth should be done by 9 or so, and the weather channel says it's only going to be 71 then.

We found out yesterday with this "dry" heat, that you just need to be in the shade when the sun's out. If you're in the sun, it just drains you! I ran the run course yesterday, like any good spectathlete/equipment manager would do, right Liz (by the way, great spectathlete performance out in Kona)? It seems pretty nice. I usually don't do that long of a run on Beth's pre-race day, but I needed it since I haven't run more than 2 miles since last Saturday's race. I've now got my race cheering strategy laid out and I'm looking forward to a great day for Beth.

Time to put down some breakfast and off to the race course!!!

No comments: