Saturday, July 10, 2010

From Rhode Island

Let's see. Where did we leave off...

Ah, yes. The softball double header on Tuesday. All told, it didn't go too bad. We split the two games. Based on our personnel, I ended up in the outfield for most of the night. I came in for one inning of mopup duty at the end of the first game. It wasn't too pretty of a line: 1IP, 2R, 3H, 3BB, 1K. Yuck! I managed to get on base a few times, too, so I was rounding the bases a few times.

Bottom line, I didn't get hurt (however my dad broke a bone in his hand off a line drive--bummer!).....although REALLY sore for the next, oh, still today! Thursday at the summer program I was pitching whiffleball to the kids. There was a comebacker that rolled S-L-O-W-L-Y past me that I STILL didn't get down to bend over and pick up the ball. Let's just say I got a little bit of "old foggie" harassment from the 5th graders.

Friday we embarked off to Providence via BWI. Things went really smooth and Providence is great!
The beach where the swim will be was a little choppy, but Beth seemed to navigate it well (as I stood and watched from the shoreline!!)
T2 is downtown by the captial building. One of the things I really enjoy about New England cities is the mix of old and new architecture.

When we went to pick up Beth's packet at the Providence Convention Center, it was connected to the Dunkin Donuts Center. I could sure get into seeing sports and events at a place that serves donuts. Yum!
Off to bed and good luck to all participating in the race!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Funny update!! Sorry about your Dad though.

Good luck to all today!! Of course it probably started already, those things start early!! I slept in. :)

Blogger said...

+$3,624 PROFIT last week...

Subscribe For 5 Star verified winning picks on MLB, NHL, NBA & NFL + Anti-Vegas Smart Money Signals!