Monday, June 23, 2008

Next time, bring a bike

Beth had yet another successful triathlon yesterday as she finished as the second amateur. She really rocked it and it was fun to watch. You can read about it more in her blog.

For me, the concerns I had about getting to the swim start and back came to fruition. I was able to take the bus over, so that was half the battle. But, I ended up carring a pretty heavy transition bag/backpack the 2.5 miles back to the transition area. Now I know how military soldiers feel marching with those heavy bags. But, it was worth it because I helped ease the stress on not only Beth, but also fellow friends Kim and Maija. But, I noticed that several "cherpas" had ridden over on bikes and I think I'll definitely do that next year. It will give me the chance to be much more mobile and see more of the course. On my run back, I timed it so that I was on this bridge overlooking the start of the swim, so I had a really neat perspective of seeing the wave take off (and had my watch started at the right time).

The trip back was pretty uneventful and went by pretty quick. Big thanks again to my parents for having Roxy the Dog over for the weekend yet again!

The other big thing from Sunday the 22nd of June was that it was our 6th wedding anniversary. I'm so lucky to be with such an awesome gal that puts up with all of my silliness and shortcomings. We always say to each other that we make such a good team and we compliment each other in so many ways. Here's hoping to many, many more anniversaries.

1 comment:

m said...

Congrats on your Anniversary! Thanks for carrying my bodyglide in Beth's huge transition backpack!

If it calms your nerves a little, I have a tougher time with Philly than NYC. Even with my GPS I always seem to get at least one wrong turn there.