As the minutes wind down in 2012, I figured I might as well sneak in one more entry...
The Christmas break has been great (other than the snow!). I was able to get in some runs with Beth, we saw a few movies together, and I even fixed our ever-persistent leaking sink in the bathroom. One of the themes at church going into Christmas was to "Awaken." One specific message that hit home with me was to not stop at thinking of Christmas as Jesus coming to earth. It's like you're not finishing the sentence. Rather, we should think Christmas is when Jesus came to earth...to become the sacrifice for us so we can spend eternity with God.
On to the highs and lows for the year....
1. Beth's grandfather passing away. He will be missed.
2. The many tragedies (Colorado, Connecticut, etc.) and the continued fallout from the terrible things Jerry Sandusky did.
3. Such a small one in relative comparison, but falling apart yet again in May at the Pittsburgh Marathon.
4. The Pirates with another 2nd-half collapse. Perhaps 2013 will be the year.
1. Hitting 3:00 (...and 46 seconds) at the Columbus Marathon
2. Watching Beth and her success in her rookie professional triathlon season.
3. Seeing our cross country girls team win the WPIAL (district) Championship in convincing fashion
4. Another fun summer of baseball, going to games in Altoona and Pittsburgh.
Happy New Year, everybody!