Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Potential Disaster Delayed (Not Averted) Until Friday

Softball game rained out tonight (lots of orange and red on the radar that passed over Greensburg)......but it's rescheduled for Friday......AND the other three pitchers are STILL not available. So, I guess I may (pending rain) get my chance for the 2009 pitching debut Friday (for better or worse).


Today, Beth came down and talked to the XC kids about nutrition. It's fun watching her in action and giving all the neat and practical ideas. I remember last year that all the girls had little snack packs with them the next day at practice to take advantage of the '30 minute window' after practice for recovery. Of course the kid's favorite question is, "How can you tell if you're dehydrated?" Hee. Hee. (And, yes, that is a poster of a TI-84 in my classroom on the right by the flag. I am a math teacher after all)


Another great side benefit to Beth coming down to talk to the teams is that it was an excuse to meet up with my cousin for lunch and dessert. Lunch was at Boston Market (nothing noteworthy there), but dessert was at this bakery called 'The Pie Place' and all I have to say is WOW!


The apple tart (mine in the front-center) was AWESOME!!! It was almost as good as my Nana's apple dumplings. My cousin got a black raspberry tart and Beth got this cupcake with lots of frosting and a peanut butter cup on top.

(Did I mention that Beth came down to give a Nutrition Lecture?)

Next softball update Friday...only 20% chance of rain so far.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Next time I'm getting the cupcake AND the apple tart. That tart sure did look good... ;)

Kim said...

DESSSERRTTT...yummy! I love dessert!

Wendy said...

I think I would have picked the Apple Tart too...was it warm? yum!

runningyankee said...

you and beth are too much alike :) with your arrows and drawings on the photos!!! ha!